Saturday, February 5, 2011

The missing ovary

I have had some health problems for about 10 years. It finally got to the point where I needed to find out what was going on. I am tired of constantly feeling bad and having to break plans because I feel so awful.
I had my yearly exam, and after talking with the Dr they decided to do an ultrasound. From what they could see my colon is enlarged and they couldn't find my right ovary, then they said the one word I was hoping would not be what is wrong with me, Endometriosis. It took everything I had in me to not cry in the office. All I have ever wanted is to be a mom and I feel like that is slowly being taken away.
I got to a Gastro Dr in a couple of week to see what is going on with my colon and then I will go back to my gyno to have laproscopy. I'm terrified as to what they may find.

1 comment:

  1. Please don't let that get you down. When I was 20 yrs old (14 yrs ago), I had almost the same thing happen to me. I had to have one ovary removed and was diagnosed with endometriosis. I was told after a time of trying to get pregnant that my only option was in-virto. Well, I am now mom to 2 little girls ( the natural way), and although I struggle with some pain on occasion, doing tons better.

    ReplyDelete